Livingstone Visitor Information
Livingstone, Queensland Australia - Visitor Information
Located in the central part of Queensland, Livingstone is a peaceful town that offers a relaxing atmosphere to visitors. The town is known for its rich history, diverse culture, and natural beauty. If you're planning to visit Livingstone, here's everything you need to know:
- Getting There: Livingstone is situated approximately 3 hours north of Brisbane by car. You can also get there by train or bus from Brisbane or other nearby towns.
- Accommodation: There are various accommodation options in and around Livingstone including hotels, motels, and campsites. Some popular options include the Livingstone Hotel, the Livingstone Motel, and the Livingstone Caravan Park.
- Things to Do: Livingstone offers plenty of activities for visitors including:
- Visit the Livingstone Heritage and Water Park, which features educational exhibits, walking trails, and picnic areas.
- Explore the Livingstone National Park, which includes various hiking trails, camping sites, and wildlife viewing opportunities.
- Discover the local arts and crafts scene by visiting the Livingstone Art Gallery and Shop, which features works by local artists.
- Take a scenic drive along the Livingstone Scenic Route, which provides stunning views of the surrounding countryside.
- Attend one of the town's many festivals throughout the year, such as the Livingstone Agricultural Show or the Livingstone Music Festival.
- Weather: Livingstone has a pleasant subtropical climate with warm summers and mild winters. The average temperature in summer (December to February) is around 28°C (82°F), while the average temperature in winter (June to August) is around 16°C (61°F).
- Food and Drink: Livingstone has a variety of dining options to choose from, including local pubs, cafes, and restaurants. The town is known for its seafood, particularly prawns and crabs, which are caught fresh from the nearby coast.
Overall, Livingstone is a charming town that offers something for everyone. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or just relaxing, Livingstone is definitely worth a visit.